Employment and visa opportunities
We are saddened by the recent events taking place in Ukraine and are doing what we can to raise awareness of the situation, promote peace and support anyone affected.
One way we look to extend our support is to provide employment and visa opportunities to Engineering Specialists who are suitably skilled in Electronics, Software and Mechanical Engineering. A brief job description of each of the roles is as follows:
Electronics Design Engineer
- Proven track record of delivering commercial hardware development projects for embedded systems.
- Deep understanding of digital and analogue electronics components and devices.
- Solid knowledge of hardware and embedded software design patterns and best practices.
- Extensive experience in high-density power electronics design including high voltage.
- Experience developing and testing electronic circuits and systems, including schematic capture, PCB layout design and PCB assembly design.
- Research and implement application of new technologies and components in hardware design.
- Creation and maintenance of Schematics and PCB library components in corporate CAD, PLM and ERP systems.
- Development and maintenance of technical specifications, documentation and user manuals for production and test engineers, and at all stages of hardware lifecycle.
Senior Backend Developer
- Proficiency with Java programming language, Spring Framework and build tools.
- Proven track record of delivering commercial software development projects.
- Solid knowledge of software design patterns and best practices for large scale distributed systems.
- Fluency in any one database technology (RDBMS and/or NoSQL).
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience designing distributed systems and event-driven architectures.
- Experience with IoT and real-time protocols (MQTT, WebSockets).
- Experience developing with front-end UI Frameworks (Angular, React).
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous integration practices and toolsets.
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM).
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS with hands-on experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure).
Embedded Software Developer
- Development experience with common embedded operational systems (FreeRTOS, Zephyr, Linux).
- Experience in the adoption of mesh wireless technologies (Bluetooth Mesh, Wirepas, Thread, proprietary mesh).
- Experience interfacing with cloud backend software using standard messaging protocols (MQTT, WebSocket).
- Embedded software design utilizing TCP/UDP-based networking upon real-time OS or Linux.
- Implementation of communication protocols: generic (ProtoBuf), industrial (Modbus) or lighting-specific (DMX/RDM, DALI).
- Proven track record of delivering software/firmware development projects for commercial embedded systems based on ARM-core microcontrollers (ARM7, ARM9, Cortex) or wireless SoCs (Silicon Labs/Nordic).
- Solid knowledge of embedded software design patterns, algorithms, data structures and best practices.
- Experience debugging, profiling and analyzing embedded software using professional IDEs and toolsets.
- High level of proficiency with C/C++ programming language, embedded RTOS and build tools.
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design mechanical assemblies, components and mechanisms using Siemens NX™ CAD software.
- Lead design from concept to production hand-off including engineering analysis, simulation, part design, tooling design, test, prototype build, component and fixture qualification, safety approvals and production integration.
- Develop and check engineering drawings to ensure that necessary information for manufacturing and assembly is clearly communicated.
- Provide technical expertise in fabrication methodologies including extrusions, aluminium die castings, plastic injection moulding, sheet metal, DFMA, tooling and prototyping.
- Create and edit CNC programs that support the machining of complex, precision components fabricated on multiple-axis CNC milling (CAM file generation, post-processor machine code generation).
- Identify and select appropriate tooling for job-specific applications (based on part material, geometry, features, tolerances, system rigidity, and equipment capability).
If you believe you can fulfil any of the above-listed roles, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Engineering Specialist Application UKRAINE.
The information provided with each role is not the complete scope of requirements, but it does provide you with a good understanding of the key requirements and it does provide us with an opportunity to open a dialogue with suitable applicants. Whilst our resources are not endless, our goal is to help as many people as possible through meaningful long-term solutions, and we see an offer of employment as one of those solutions.
If you are successful in the role we will discuss with you the most appropriate options for ongoing employment, be it based outside or in Australia.
Our thoughts and well-wishes are with all the people affected by the war in Ukraine, and we hope to see it come to a speedy conclusion. In the meantime, we are thankful to all individuals and businesses looking to make a positive contribution and we look forward to hearing from some of you in the very near future.